Safety Representative Training Course
Our 2 Day safety representatives course aims to give learners an understanding of health & safety legislation. It will equip them with the skills which will enable them to fulfil their role as Safety Representatives. This course is designed for those selected by employers to the role or anyone who is interested in becoming a Safety Representative or getting more in dept knowledge of Health & Safety for their workplace. This course is also popular with small business owners.
Next dates: June 17th & 18th – scroll down and book below.
This course is currently being delivered via Zoom and is based around a PowerPoint presentation with interactive exercises and problem-solving case studies and discussions throughout with an experienced trainer.
Course Content: On completion, the learners will be able to:
- Have an understanding of health and safety legislation
- List the responsibilities of employers and employees
- Understand their new role of Safety Representative
- Better understand the consultative process within their organisation
- Identify typical workplace hazards and assess associated risks
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative actions
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Roles and Functions of the Safety Representative
- Role of the Health and Safety Authority
- Safety Management
- Risk Assessment / Safety Statement
- Accident / Incidents / Near Misses
- Accident Prevention / Investigation – Typical Workplace Hazards & Risks
- Workplace inspections / Auditing
- Emergency Inspections / Auditing
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Safety Awareness & Management
- Manual Handling / Slips, Trips & Falls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Display Screen Equipment & Ergonomics
- Addition Health & Safety Information to your company/industry
Course Duration: This course is delivered over 2 days via Zoom
Participants: Maximum 12 per public course. Inhouse courses can also be facilitated.
Certificate of Competence will be issued to all learners who successfully complete and pass the course.
Dates for next safety representative training course:
June 17th & 18th
Choose date and book below.