The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 states that there must be an adequate number of trained first aiders on a work premises. Our First Aid Responder course is highly interactive. This 3 day First Aid course is intended for personnel who wish to become certified first aiders in their workplace. Participants will learn practical skills and theoretical knowledge, so that they can deal competently with any situation that may arise in the working environment.
- Ability to provide first aid within the workplace
- Ability to deal with emergencies while awaiting the arrival of emergency services
- Knowledge & Ability to implement lifesaving skills if requires.
- Responsibility of a first-aider
- Patient approach
- Assessment, accident scene management
- Contacting emergency services
- Traumatic stress
- Circulation, wounds and bleeding
- CPR and AED training
- Altered levels of consciousness and Unconsciousness
- Musculoskeletal Injuries: Fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations
- Burns and scalds, chemical / poisons, electric shock
- Medical emergencies, crush and spinal injuries
Duration: 3 days
Participants: Maximum 10 participants
Assessment: Basic Life Saving Skills (CPR) 40%, Skills Demonstrations 40%, Examination 20%
Certification: All learners who successfully complete the course will be awarded a FAR Certificate Valid for 2 years.
Recertification: 1 day First Aid refresher every 2 years is required for re-certification.
Note: The PHECC FAR First Aid Responder has replace the QQI Occupational First Responder OFA course.