This is a refresher course for those who have already completed QQI Manual Handling Instructor Certification or for those who are experienced but unqualified. Prior to booking the course there is an assessment of RPL (Recognised Prior Learning). This is a 2 day course.
- Patient Handling Risk Assessment
- Demonstration of Patient Handling Moves
- Practise and feedback on Patient Handling Moves
- Explanation of FETAC assessment criteria
- Use of Hoists and other equipment
- Assessment on Patient Handling Moves
- Paient Handling Instructor Test
- FETAC / QQI Manual Handling Instructor Certificate
- Equivalent training or experience
- Complete an RPL Application Form
Certification: QQI Level 6 Patient Handling Instructor
Resources Provided: PowerPoint Presentation, Sample Certification, Guides, Videos, Assessment Documentation Useful Links.
Public Course Dates:
Maynooth: November 24th, 25th €650 Book Now