An exciting new QQI Level 6 course aimed at food safety managers and professionals. It includes some emerging topics such as food fraud and threat analysis.
This course is delivered by an FSPA Food Safety Professional Association trainer.
On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the relevant standards and guidelines applicable.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of HACCP Principles and their application
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Allergen hazards and their causes, effects and implications.
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of hazard prevention.
- Demonstrate the skills required for designing, implementing, managing and reviewing a Food Safety Management System.
- Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessment
- Standards, Guidelines, Legislations
- Distinction between Process Hazard Analysis and Threat Assessment
- Pre Requisite Programmes
- Designing, Implementing, Reviewing and Managing HACCP
- All achieved through a very interactive, practical approach to learning.
Duration: 3 days
Requirements: Candidates are expected to hold a level 3 certificate in food safety management prior to starting this course.
Assessment: Exam worth 40% and project worth 60% due within 1 month of course completion.
Certification: Level 5 QQI Certificate Implementing Food Safety Management Systems
Progression may be attained by embarking on further education and training including the QQI Award Level 6 Conducting Food Standards Audits.