This hands-on course will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and attitude required for safe people or patient handling. It is an essential course for anyone working in the healthcare sector including carers, home help, care assistants, nurses, healthcare workers & volunteers.
This course covers all the theory that is included in manual handling as well as that associated with people handling and is delivered by a qualified QQI Level 6 People Handling Instructor.
- Anatomy & Back care
- Common back injuries
- Biomechanics of Manual Handling
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Back care in everyday life
- Fitness & Exercise Risk Assessment
- Principles of safe patient handling
- Sitting patients up
- Dealing with fallen clients
- Use of hoists
Duration: 1 day
Assessment: Theory Test followed by practical assessment.
Certification: Choice Training & Consultancy Patient Handling Certificate, valid for 2 years.
Participants: Maximum 12