QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Training Course | 4 Day Course | Kildare | Dublin. Recommended by the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) to those who want to instruct manual handling to others. This is the train the trainer for manual handling. You will be a fully qualified Manual Handling Instructor on successful completion of the course, ready to start delivering manual handling training after the successful completion of the course.
This Manual Handling Instructor Training course is 4 days in total and is the most popular Manual Handling Instructors course in Dublin and Kildare. This is the only qualification accepted by the HSA for manual handling trainers in Ireland. You must complete QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course if you want to become a manual handling instructor.
Our 4 Day Accredited Level 6 QQI Manual Handling Instructor Course is extremely popular books each month.
We run public courses in Naas, Co. Kildare, Cork and Dublin as well as anywhere nationwide offsite or onsite for clients. We are the only provider delivering this course in 4 days. The Manual Handling Instructor training course provides certification for those who want to train others in manual handling in the workplace. It provides learners with the knowledge, skills and training resources to train others. All learners will receive all the training materials required to deliver manual handling training. Some companies choose to do their own manual handling training in-house. This can allow for flexibility in training schedules and ad-hoc training reducing the expense of bringing in an outside trainer. This course is also great for free lance trainers who want to become a manual handling instructor and offer manual handling to their clients. This course is accredited by Barrow Consultancy and Training and is run under their Quality Assurance Procedures.
At our Naas, Co. Kildare training centre we are very lucky to have a warehouse adjoining the training room so we can carry out realistic practical sessions to prepare participants for delivering training in a variety of setting. We use a range of props and the focus of the training is not just ‘how to lift a box’! Our Naas training centre is only 20 minutes from M50 Dublin in Naas Industrial Estate, Co. Kildare, near the Naas Ball. Due to popular demand of this comprehensive 4 day course we are now running courses in a new purpose built training centre in Dublin. We also deliver the course nationwide and on-site on demand.
Upcoming Instructing Manual Handling Courses in Naas, Kildare and Dublin:
- Naas, Kildare – July 16th, 17th, 23rd & 30th (Booked Out)
- Naas, Kildare – Aug 13th, 20th, 27th, Sept 3rd
- Naas, Kildare – Aug 28th, 29th, Sept 2nd, 5th
- Naas, Kildare – Sept 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- Naas, Kildare – Oct 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
- Naas, Kildare – Nov 12th, 19th, 26th, 3rd Dec
QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Training Course Naas, Kildare & Dublin
The Only QQI Level 6 Accredited 4 Day Instructors Course for Manual Handling in Ireland.
- Compliance & Legal requirements for manual handling
- Benefits to business & benefits to employee health and well being
- Manual Handling Regulations 2007
- HSA Guideline Documents
- Anatomy and Back Care for Manual Handling
- Biomechanics for Manual Handling Training
- Workplace Ergonomics
- Risk Assessment for Manual Handling
- Health, Fitness & Nutrition for healthy employees
- The 8 principles of Manual Handling Loads
- Practical Manual Handling skills and techniques – Hands On!
- Planning and design of manual handling training courses for instructors
- An introduction to the theory of adult education and instructor styles
- How to deliver manual handling training courses to others – format, paperwork, timing
- Training skills and techniques for Manual Handling Instructors
- Manual Handling Instructors training resources and paperwork
- Not Just ‘lifting a box’. Dealing with workplace props and scenarios to make manual handling training job specific.
- Day 4 of the course is Assessment Day
- Presentations (15 minutes per person) 20%
- Test (20 short questions) 20%
- Assessment of Instructing Manual Handling Techniques to others 60%
Grading: Pass 50-64%, Merit 65-79%, Distinction 80-100%
Certification: QQI Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor – Instructing Manual Handling Certificate 6N0233
Training Materials: PowerPoint Presentations, Comprehensive Course Book & Documentation, Manual Handling Training Props & ideas for Manual Handling Instructors.
Resources Provided: On completion of the course all participants will receive all the training materials they will require to start training others. PowerPoint Presentation, Guides, Videos, Sample Certification, Assessment & Administration Documentation, Useful Links. Ongoing support will be provided to learners after course completion.
Note: This is a highly interactive and hands on course that involves manual handling. Loose comfortable clothing is recommended.
Maximum: 12 Participants per class.
Duration: 4 Days in Total
Refreshments: Tea, Coffee& Biscuits provided
Lunch: Included. Sandwich menu provided each morning of the course and freshly made each day from Urban Kitchen in Naas, Co. Kildare.
Location: Naas, Co. Kildare , Cork, Dublin
FAQ: Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions on becoming a manual handling instructor.
In-house Manual Handling Instructor courses available on request nationwide. We can also suggest alternative locations to suit business requirements. Group discounts also available.
Manual Handling Instructor Upcoming Public Course Dates:
2019 Manual Handling Instructor Courses in Naas, Kildare, Cork & Dublin
- Naas, Kildare – July 16th, 17th, 23rd, 30th (Sold Out – Waiting List Available)
- Naas, Kildare – Aug 13th, 20th, 27th & Sept 3rd
- Naas, Kildare – Sept 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Book now to avoid disapointment or contact us if these dates don’t suit. We can run this course nationwide or onsite for your team.